Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Social Networking

In one of the last unit lessons I have taken the topic of social networking was discussed and explained.  I am aware of all the keeping connected things out there but didn’t really know how private my stuff is or isn’t.  I joined the bandwagon of following everyone else who joined Facebook, which many of my friends found funny that I joined because it really isn’t me.  I don’t laundry my business to the public, I like to keep it private and honestly my life is not cool enough to discuss or I don’t have something witty to say.  But I do believe that we should watch what we put on these posts because many of the hundreds of “friends” and friends of “friends” are not our friends.  Many times I have gotten pictures sent to me that I don’t know the person whose pictures I now have access to and I highly doubt they want me looking at them just as I don’t want people who I don’t know looking at my stuff.  As I read through articles and other discussing in the unit I was learning my professor directed us to safeguard pages for social networking and what you can do to protect your privacy.  When joining Facebook I did not know this existed and I will be accessing it to make sure what I need to stay private will.  I think it should be something that everyone does for their own internet protection!  I do have to say I have learned a lot of new thing in the class, some that I did well and others that I am still struggling with; like how to upload a podcast onto my blog but all in all I am excited to incorporate  it into my lesson activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment